All Saints Day

So this was a month ago. The Cemetery near our house becomes something like a fair grounds.
Getting ready every year the repaint the lines on the road and the curbs. The painting is white and then the lines on the road are yellow and at the corners it gets painted yellow and black stripe. Well I think the guys decided this year that since they didn't have enough yellow that they'd just mix the yellow and the white together and it was almost like beige. Then someone came the day before and a whole group of people mad dash repainted all the yellow to make it yellow. Nothing like 2 steps forward 4 steps back!
People selling all sorts of meat at the end of our street. Hot Dogs, beef, chicken I think pork, fish etc. all shoved into a section of bamboo! I asked them if I could take this picture and they laughed and said yes and then afterward they all said waki waki. I'm not sure what that means.
This is what our normally quiet street became that night. Wow, glad we didn't need to go anywhere, it's insanely busy!

Comments

Popular Posts