Cattle and Carabao

 Here is a man and his cow.  I'm not actually sure if it is a cow but since Reg isn't currently here to correct me we'll run with that.  They take very good care of their animals especially since they are so valuable, but sometimes we see them staked out in the most random of locations to graze. 
The black animal there is a carabao and it was quite close to our house.  My dad says people make bows out of carabao horns, but the horns are a little bit difficult to come buy since this animal is so valuable and highly prized.  One of my friend's daughter asked her the other day if her first word was carabao when she was a little girl.  Makes me think of what a different growing up experience our kids have compared to the one I had growing up in the suburbs!!

Comments

Sarah said…
I was just thinking about how Sabina is growing up so different. Today, she saw her first frog she could remember at age 6 - a far cry from growing up in rural Oklahoma!

Popular Posts