Happy 3rd Birthday Lillian

Oh how I love this little girl and how thankful I am that 3 years ago she was born into our family!  She is a blessing to me and God clearly wanted her to be with us!!
What joy in receiving such simple things

I'm not sure what is going on here, perhaps she's mimicking the dolls in the book.

Hew new Strawberry Shortcake world that Gma S. gave her!  Wonderful gift.  In fact, we had to make H stop playing it for awhile so that L could fully enjoy it.  Sounds just like normal huh?!?

M knitting away at something for L, I think a new baby blanket.

L's official birthday party.  Lots of cute kids to join us!  The cake was Millie Measure from the show Team Umizoomi!  She loved it.  I taught cake decorating that day to the high schoolers so they helped me make the cake.  It turned out okay.  Not perfect, but then again, it probably never would.  

If you think of it, please pray for her transition!  

Things are falling into place for most of us.  Reggie is busy teaching and assistant coaching the girls soccer team.  H was doing ballet and just had a performance last Friday night.  M is re-connecting with old friends and feeling very much at home.  

But...

Poor L cannot adjust to me teaching Spanish for 1 hour ever afternoon.  Most days, I am away from her for only 1 hour.  That shouldn't be so very hard, but 3 is a hard age and she is now struggling with every single transition that we make.  Here is an example of how one day last week went.

6:30 am- Reg and M leave to walk to school- L CRIES
7:15 am L, H and I walk down to school, when H leaves- L CRIES
9:00 am she asks if Ate will come later - L CRIES
1:30 pm when Ate arrives- L CRIES 
1:40- when I leave- L CRIES

It's not only hard to leave when she's crying, it's really hard to have patiences and gentleness with her when there's so much crying.  And I know full well that she needs all the gentleness and patience that I can give her.  So pray for her that she would feel comfortable and confident here.  But that we as parents would be able to help her and parent her exactly how she needs for these days.  


Comments

Popular Posts