The last weeks of Spoiling
We are in the last weeks here in the US. We leave exactly two weeks from this afternoon. The youngest two and I are down in TX with my parents and let me tell you, the spoiling is happening!
There is this super fancy cupcake store downtown and my mom took the girls and got them each one! Poor me, they left me at home and I didn't get me one! (JK- I didn't want one, instead I had some alone time to work on leaving stuff, WAY better than a cupcake!)
I'm so thankful for our families, but I must admit that leaving them is always hard. There's either a slow saddness that seeps in and slightly taints the days. The kind that says I wish we could hurry up and say goodbye but all the while holding on tightly. Or there's the manic activity that comes from wanting to squeeze every drop from the remaining moments. And it swings between the two.
BUT... one of the bright spots of the impending farewell, is that the end destination is so much closer that the farewell will hopefully be lessened by the hope of visits throughout the year by family and maybe even friends!




Comments