Nothing goes right...

So maybe that title isn't quite fair.  But while things are going pretty well, they certainly aren't going perfectly.  So if you will allow me a little bit of time to vent about a few of our frustrations I would appreciate it.  Yes I know they are petty so feel free to give me a pat on the back and tell me to go take a nap.  (I probably need one anyway!)

So Friday night part of our house lost power.  Yes only part.  Thankfully the part that still had power was the kitchen so our refrigerator was still cooling.  So we called the landlord and he sent an electrician.  But by the time he arrived, (Saturday morning aka 1:30 pm) things were working again so he said he would just come back when it went out again.  Sigh...

So Sat afternoon we went in search of some hand-crafted furniture.  The girls' beds are still on the floor so we thought we'd get them some frames but even though the friends who went with us found some things, we did not.  Well...  we did but they didn't take credit cards.

We actually do have cash now Yay!!!  But it's trapped in the bank and the pin number they gave me for the card isn't working.  So Monday I'll sort that out.  So we'll have to go back to the furniture place and get the furniture next Saturday I guess.

So Saturday night the power goes out again in part of the house.  So the electrician does come back Sunday afternoon and he finds that there's a wire that is totally fried!  So it took him several hours but repairs were made and the power is back on and hopefully it is back on for more than a few hours.    Bonus... the landlord graciously paid for the repairs.

Ok, so after I write all that out it seems I have a lot more to be thankful for.  It reminds me a little bit of the situation with the pickup in the picture.

We were driving behind this guy and he was dropping grass like crazy, it just blew off the back all over our car.  I see two lessons in that, one that I need to just let things go.  They are behind and as we move forward things may fly.  But I think the lesson I like better is this one.  

Sometimes things don't go according to plan.  What is supposed to stay in just doesn't and in the moment it can be really frustrating.  But the end result is that most of what they put in the bed of the pick-up actually does get to where it is supposed to get to even if it didn't feel like that during the journey (or when driving right behind!)  So it's probably better to trust and just hang on for the ride.

I'll keep telling myself that anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts