The I-600

I don't have a picture to post with my blog this time. Sorry for those of you who learn in a visual manner, I'll try to keep it short. This past Tuesday we all went to the US Consulate to turn in all of Marcela's paperwork and file the I-600 form for her US adoption. It was a crazy ordeal, but we got everything turned in and taken care of. We even had to run and make copies of her entire file 280 copies. We had to to FBI fingerprinting which they say takes 2 weeks or so. We don't really know how long it will take to get this form approved. We do know that it involves an investigation into her case. So we will have to wait.

What remains in her process is the approval of the form we turned in on Tuesday. Then once we have that approval, we can apply for the IR-3 Visa which will take a few weeks to get back as well (I think they have to send it to Washington). But once we have the IR-3 Visa then we can travel to the US. Once she is on US soil they will process her as a naturalized citizen and she will legally be our daughter according to the US government. That way we can get her a Social Security number and everything. We are very excited that we are now officially in the last stage. Please pray that this part of the process goes quickly. We'll keep you posted!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm praying! How exciting!!!
Midwest Mama said…
I am so happy for you!!! I pray that the process goes smoothly for you! We already know that she is your daughter, but it will sure be nice to have it in writing! I'll be praying for you!
Anonymous said…
We're praying

Popular Posts