water issues
Okay, no photo because it's almost 11 pm Saturday night and Reggie is already asleep but I knew I needed to blog. Okay, here are some things to tie up loose ends and maybe photos will follow. The cat's name is Klink (after Hogan's Heroes) and we call him Kinkers. The windows and the door are already in but we have to wait to paint until the concrete cures which takes longer here than it does in some drier climates!
But the real reason I am blogging is because our water tank died I guess. See, we live up on a hill and there is no water pressure in the am hours so the previous renter put in a water pump system. Well, we were not informed on how to run the system so now it is in failure mode and we don't know what to do. So we have no water inside the house and have one spigot outside the house that is not hooked up to the tank so it has water from 11:30 am until around 4am I guess. So that means I have to haul water around the side of the house and up into the house for all our needs, but there isn't any water to haul in the morning. And let me just say that I am now totally aware of how much water we waste! But do you ever really know stuff like that until you do without? Somehow I don't think so. But then again, we are being lazy too, we did not eat at home today (lunch was a birthday party and friends had us over for supper) and won't again tomorrow (we will eat Sunday dinner out with friends and who knows about the pm) so that there aren't any dishes to wash. We have a man who will come help us with it on Monday but we have to make it until then! We went to the playground today with the girls and I was talking to some of the other moms and one lady said to me that we must feel like real Mis.'ies since we have to haul water! I guess maybe I do, but then again, I did before but it is a good reminder how much we really do have! I'll try and get photos up soon! And everyone, say a prayer of thanks for the water that runs faithfully from your faucet today!! :)
But the real reason I am blogging is because our water tank died I guess. See, we live up on a hill and there is no water pressure in the am hours so the previous renter put in a water pump system. Well, we were not informed on how to run the system so now it is in failure mode and we don't know what to do. So we have no water inside the house and have one spigot outside the house that is not hooked up to the tank so it has water from 11:30 am until around 4am I guess. So that means I have to haul water around the side of the house and up into the house for all our needs, but there isn't any water to haul in the morning. And let me just say that I am now totally aware of how much water we waste! But do you ever really know stuff like that until you do without? Somehow I don't think so. But then again, we are being lazy too, we did not eat at home today (lunch was a birthday party and friends had us over for supper) and won't again tomorrow (we will eat Sunday dinner out with friends and who knows about the pm) so that there aren't any dishes to wash. We have a man who will come help us with it on Monday but we have to make it until then! We went to the playground today with the girls and I was talking to some of the other moms and one lady said to me that we must feel like real Mis.'ies since we have to haul water! I guess maybe I do, but then again, I did before but it is a good reminder how much we really do have! I'll try and get photos up soon! And everyone, say a prayer of thanks for the water that runs faithfully from your faucet today!! :)


Comments
Mom