We decided awhile ago that we would celebrate Panamanian independence but this was actually the first year that we did it. (We did this in the middle of November but I'm just getting around to posting it)

This is Marcela reading through our coffee table book from Panama. She remembers a lot more than we thought she might, although Harmony remembers nothing.

We invited a bunch of the girl's friends over to enjoy it with us. We really did have a great time. I think it's important to share the girls' heritage with them (especially Marcela but Harmony as well since she was born there.) That's the table that Reggie made that the girls are eating on.

These are the foods that I made going clockwise starting at the top. Platanos en Tentacion (although they were just the Filipino cooking bananas and not really platanos but they came out okay although they were a little soft), Apple empanadas (for dessert), jello just for fun, potato salad and Arroz con Pollo. Reggie made trail mix which is in the center of the table.
I think everyone enjoyed the food and I had fun making the things that Nedelka taught me. Thanks Nedelka for your patience and sweet spirit!
And thanks Tamara for buying me the packages of Achiyote. I think you bought me enough to last a decade or more we'll see if it lasts in my freezer!!
Comments