Zip Line

Or the Zip Lion as Harmony calls it. Friends of ours have a neat ministry here. One aspect is just this zip line which pays the bills so to speak but then they also have a team building portion which is also an outreach. This zip line is advertised as the longest one in Asia. They say you can get up to speeds of 100 km per hour.

This is the view from the bottom up towards the top where you jump off from. You can kind of see where it is towards the upper center. There is a break in the trees. You have to hike up to it.

This is where we all got our harnesses on. These are all the kids that went with us. There were 3 families that went and only one of the adults didn't take a kid down with them and that was because their other child was too small to go.

The happy adventurous family! Snazzy outfits huh?!?!
To get up to the top you have to go down to the creek bed and then take this awesome raft across. You get on it and then pull yourselves across with that rope. It was great fun.


Then you hike up to the top. It's not far but it sure is steep! I was breathing really hard by the time we got up to the top. This is looking down from the top. You can see the double cables against the sky.
This is Marcela and Angel on the way down. They were going so fast it was hard to catch a picture of them. They attached each person to the cable 2 times and then attached us together. It felt very safe but really fast! We all had fun. It was a little pricey for here I guess. It cost us 450 pesos per pair to go which is about 9 dollars per trip down. We only went once. But I think we'll go back at some point. It was a lot of fun.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool! How long was it?
Anonymous said…
WOW I don't think that is something I will try when we visit whenever that is.

Love, Mom
Well Mom, YOU can watch Gooner while the rest of us slide down then yah?

Angel, I got the onesy and coffee! It was so thoughtful! It brought tears to my eyes! I love you.

Popular Posts