What a week!
Sorry I haven't blogged. It's been quite a roller coaster for us these last few days. Marcela woke me up on Monday morning really early saying her head hurt and she had a temp. 102.9 I think it was. Pretty high so I of course gave her Tylenol to bring it down. It didn't go down right away so we did the cool shower thing and all was well. But then her fever just went back up after the Tylenol wore off. So we did this yo yo up and down for awhile.
The Librarian had the flu and was couldn't keep things down so I subbed for her in the afternoon while the girls both took naps and when I got home (our helped watched the girls) and Marcela's fever was 105.4!!! I of course freaked out. We called a nurse here and she said we should take her in the the ER.
NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE. We ended up seeing two er docs in two hospitals and it was a stressful nightmare. I wish I could have taken photos because it truly is awesome. Like a hospital out of the old James Bond movies!! Even the nurses! But finally the results are in, tonsillitis and a UTI. But then wait, there is sugar in her urine! Might she be diabetic?? So early the next morning we came in for fasting blood sugar and keyton urine tests. After worrying all night long. NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord.
On to Harmony. Yesterday we were at the mall returning something and I had a big box in my hands. I got on first and the girls followed me. Now we have serious rules about proper escalator behavior. This comes for two reasons. One is I watched this awesome old episode of Dateline with Christ Hansen about escalator safety when he was like 12 and it scared the living daylights out of me. If escalators are scary in the US what about here!!! If they are no longer safe there, they send them here!! So only standing and not on the yellow edge! So I hear a scream and look behind me kind of (remember the box) and there is Harmony falling down the escalator upside down. Thankfully a man was behind us and he grabbed her and brought her up to me. She had been sitting down and her finger got caught and dragged her down. So I had her hand and blood is literally dripping down her fingers and my hand and I'm thinking worst case scenario. I checked to make sure her finger was all there and we went to the bathroom and cleaned it all up an she barely has a cut on her finger! Wow. So now the standing rule is major huge. Thankfully a lesson learned the hard way, but thankfully not the hardest way.
That, in a nutshell, was my week!
The Librarian had the flu and was couldn't keep things down so I subbed for her in the afternoon while the girls both took naps and when I got home (our helped watched the girls) and Marcela's fever was 105.4!!! I of course freaked out. We called a nurse here and she said we should take her in the the ER.
NIGHTMARE EXPERIENCE. We ended up seeing two er docs in two hospitals and it was a stressful nightmare. I wish I could have taken photos because it truly is awesome. Like a hospital out of the old James Bond movies!! Even the nurses! But finally the results are in, tonsillitis and a UTI. But then wait, there is sugar in her urine! Might she be diabetic?? So early the next morning we came in for fasting blood sugar and keyton urine tests. After worrying all night long. NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord.
On to Harmony. Yesterday we were at the mall returning something and I had a big box in my hands. I got on first and the girls followed me. Now we have serious rules about proper escalator behavior. This comes for two reasons. One is I watched this awesome old episode of Dateline with Christ Hansen about escalator safety when he was like 12 and it scared the living daylights out of me. If escalators are scary in the US what about here!!! If they are no longer safe there, they send them here!! So only standing and not on the yellow edge! So I hear a scream and look behind me kind of (remember the box) and there is Harmony falling down the escalator upside down. Thankfully a man was behind us and he grabbed her and brought her up to me. She had been sitting down and her finger got caught and dragged her down. So I had her hand and blood is literally dripping down her fingers and my hand and I'm thinking worst case scenario. I checked to make sure her finger was all there and we went to the bathroom and cleaned it all up an she barely has a cut on her finger! Wow. So now the standing rule is major huge. Thankfully a lesson learned the hard way, but thankfully not the hardest way.
That, in a nutshell, was my week!


Comments
Girls - we love you
Aunt Faye