What a lovely bunch of coconuts!

Since coconuts really don't fall out of the tree until they are beyond useful (contrary to what Cast Away depicts) these three "lovely" boys asked if they could climb the tree and cut them down.
After a lot of trying one kid finally made it up and I was scared to death he would fall the whole time. But he had a hard time just ripping them off and he didn't bring a knife and I refuse to let them use my good kitchen knives in a coconut palm (knives aren't replaceable here).
But they did get a few down which they didn't want to take care of and leave! They wanted to ride the girls' bikes until I literally kicked them out the gate. We fed them snacks and gave them water and let them have the coconuts but they were so fascinated with Marcela's bike that one kids wouldn't get off of it until I stopped him and made him get off.

Bikes here don't have brakes on the pedals. All bikes (even toddler ones) have hand brakes or no brakes. So that Marcela's bike stopped well just by pushing your feet back was an amazing moment of incredible excitement. They were clapping their hands and even jumping up and down a bit. So much fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The simple things we take for granted.

Popular Posts