Oh the stupidity

So this might be the dumbest photo or the dumbest post every since the photo is lousy and is blurry. But for those of you who don't have facebook, I sewed my right thumb a couple of weeks ago. (yes I schedule these posts so it happened awhile ago) I put the arrows to show where it went in and out but as you can see it didn't really leave any lasting damage and I think a paper cut hurts worse in the long run. Really the worse part was that it went in through my nail and shattered it. So dumb. Think the fabric caught or something but whatever, my finger went under instead of the quilt. Will make a good story when the quilt is done though.

Maybe if I hadn't freaked out and hyperventilated then I could have taken a photo of it with the needle still broken off in my thumb. But I immediately pulled it out and had to lay down for fear of passing out. Yea I know, dumb and wussy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sewing isn't for wimps!!

I'm sorry.

BIG question. Did you get blood on the quilt?

m
Sharon said…
I did that once when Anna was little. I was free-motion meandering with my little crescent jumpy foot, so there was basically nothing between my fingers and the needle. Anna said something, I turned to look at her without stopping, and boom! there went my finger. I had scar tissue in the middle of my finger pad for years!

Popular Posts