Clay

I know this runs completely against the grain for me but I have no photos so share!  I have no photos because this post is about me and I never take photos of me.  I leave tomorrow night for the ladies retreat here.  Two nights away to rest and reflect on God!

I put the title as clay because that's what I am, what I should be.  As a Christian I know that I am supposed to be mold-able and submit to God's chisel and His loving yet firm hand, but it's hard to REALLY do.  Right?  Why do we know what we should do and yet not do it?  Because it's hard!  It's impossible (in our own strength)!

Maybe for the first time in my life this past week I have noticed that changes have been happening in my life that I can take no credit for.  For the first time I feel like the old man, the ill fitting snake skin I thought I was so comfortable in . . .  is shedding off.  Or maybe it's more like in Voyage of the Dawn Treader where Eustace's dragon suit is literally clawed off.  God is peeling away layers, shattering the fake to bring out the REAL.  Molding me, shaping me, chiseling bits away to make me who He wants me to be.  Beautiful for Him!  Relationships reconciled, people really prayed for, love shared, hope stirred and excuses tossed into the sea.  I know and knew that the God I serve can do great things . . . in others.  But now I know that my God can and does do great things in ME!  I am not who I once was and I like who I am now much more than the she of before.  By the grace of God alone!  And I am truly thankful for all He has done for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm proud of you and I love you very very mnuch!!!

M
Anita Mast said…
GIVES ME GOOSEBUMPS! AND SUCH AN ENCOURAGEMENT!
Jenny said…
I read your post twice and tears came to my eyes at the end. Thank you so much for sharing. I am so happy for you and wish the same thing in my life. It is hard... but you just have to keep going. I'm glad you get to go on a retreat. Have a wonderful and relaxing time!
Anonymous said…
Angel, first of all you are quite a wordsmith! Secondly, you exhibit more insight about yourself than most of us have or are willing to admit. Keep on keeping on...I am truely blessed to know you.
Pat

Popular Posts