Herb Garden

Recently, I was able to walk to an amazing herb garden!!  It was so incredibly cool to see some things growing in the wild that I use for cooking all the time!!  I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!
 Black Pepper, the thing that surprised me about this plant was that it didn't smell like black pepper at all.  I know that they come from the peppercorns but it still didn't smell like pepper, and it didn't make me sneeze!
 This is a ginger plant.  It looked very beautiful but I couldn't tell it was ginger at all.  I guess that makes sense considering the ginger is actually in the roots.  Didn't smell like ginger either. 
 This is a cinnamon tree.  Not a Cassia tree which is where most of our common "cinnamon" comes from.  Reggie pulled off a leaf and crushed it in his hand, then he said, this smells like cinnamon and I of course said not it doesn't.  Everyone knows that cinnamon comes from the bark of the tree not it's leaves right?!  Well I was totally wrong about the smell though.  Every bit of this tree smells like cinnamon!  AMAZING!!
 Curry.  There are so many different kinds of curry and I have no idea which kind it is.  It didn't smell like curry either. 
Nutmeg:  This tree was actually quite tall.  I don't know if it smells like nutmeg or not.  It was in the middle and I didn't want to walk all over the manicured yard to find out and the leaves were quite high in the tree. 

I am always amazed at the beauty of God's creation.  How He put all these wonderful things in the world just for us to use to enhance our food.  What a generous and gracious God to look our for our tastes as well as our well being.  I am truly thankful!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOW can we go there next time I visit?

M
Anonymous said…
That's awesome!
Sarah said…
That's so cool! I'd love to see that!

Popular Posts