Trip to Great-Grandma's

We took a trip up to Iowa where my grandma lives.  We passed this big water tower and you know what M's first thought was?  I bet that house has good water pressure!  Hilarious to me, the things the kids think about after living in a place where we have less (aka. a water tank that doesn't give us enough pressure for a warm shower)

My Grandma Adelaide McBride.  She's 92 years old and not all that tall but man does M look grown up!!

The gorgeous cabin where we stayed!

Another shot of the beautiful cabin!  I loved how we had a kitchen, it saved us money since we cooked our own food.  

We did a little presentation for the people in the home and here my grandma is introducing us.  She loves to be the center of attention so it was perfect for her.  The woman in the light pink is 102 years old.  She had the most wonderful attitude but couldn't hear a thing we said.  She really was a sweetheart.

The girls sang a number of songs in Tagalog and Cebuano and English.  It was great fun, then I showed them some pictures and talked about what life is like in Davao.  The funny thing is when I was explaining what it's like cooking there, my mom jumped in and said, well it's just like it was when you were small.  Funny!! 

Comments

Popular Posts