What happened the last bit in Davao...
Here are a few things that happened in the craziness and didn't get blogged. Since this blog is half for me to remember the things that happened in our lives I want to get it out there. Hope it's not too boring!
Lillian discovered how much fun Vaseline can be! If you look behind her you'll see it on the toilet. Our toilet was super shiny when I was done cleaning up. It's the first time I think I've ever buffed a toilet to a shine!
Reg made paper with the kids in 6th grade.
I helped the high schoolers tie dye. (although I must admit all I did was watch them. They were good at it!)
The girls both did Tee Ball
We got an update on James. He's the one we raised money for his heart surgery. You can see his chest scar in the picture above and him with his two brothers and his parents in the photo below.
His heart is still way too big due to him not getting all the medicines that he needs. But they've sorted through the problem and hopefully his medicine will get to him as he needs it.
The girls sang in the spring program. (sorry for the strange lighting)
We went on a boat trip.
Harmony performed in the play Stone Soup.
Reg took the 8th graders out on an 8th grade skip day to Eden
Friends of ours lost their son. He was very ill with some birth defects and while not completely unexpected, was still very very sad. He was only 4. (The graves are dug by hand, and yes all those rocks are in the ground here pulled out by hand.)
We moved from one house to another. We paid a crew that works at school to help us move the heavy stuff. Boy am I thankful we didn't have to hurt our backs moving all those things. We'll live in the new house when we return to Davao in January.
We bought these trees before we left. I'm hoping that we can grow some yummy fruit if we stay long enough! I think the fruit trees are (L-R) Lanzone, Calamansie (like key lime), Pomelo, and Mangosteen.

















Comments
thanks for doing it!
jm
I'm hiding my vaseline