Sights around Guatemala City

On our journey to Guatemala we were able to see some beautiful things that I'd like to share.
This is another view of the soccer field that I showed in the last post, only this time you can see the volcanoes.  They are truly beautiful!  It's a neat picture of how God is before, behind and beside us.  The mountains circle the school.  What a beautiful sight!
This picture really doesn't do justice to anything except that there were trees with these purple flowers on them all over the city.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  Back in college I disliked the color purple a lot.  I'm not entirely sure why but I think it's amazing how much a person can change over time, and I honestly love the color purple and these trees really stood out to me as how big changes have happened and will happen in my life.
An absolutely wonderful family from CAG drove us to and from the airport and we were so blessed by them.  On our way to the airport they suggested that it was possible we needed to try the best coffee in the world and so I agreed.  I was skeptical but I have to be honest.  This was the best coffee I have ever had in my life, hands down!

The city is surrounded by these aqueducts and they were amazing!  I think we need to do more research into what they are all about but they were seriously cool!

Our last stop before heading home was to a Guatemalan market.  It was such a blessing that the family stopped for us.  I'm sure they had no desire to stop here but they helped us get good prices and it was truly a blessing for us.  We brought gifts home for the girls and we genuinely had a great time.  




Comments

Popular Posts