Visit to CAG
Reg and I went down to Guatemala for 3 quick days back in March to check it out. It felt like a really heavy decision! Can we move our whole family here? Is this the right place? Can we be used here?
So armed with a list of things we wanted to see in the country and make sure we could survive, here are a few pictures to tell you what our family cares about.
Yes! There is a McDonald's! All three kids care about this. And if I'm being honest, it was a very familiar part of life in the Philippines, so if we ask the question honestly, can we survive without McDonald's?? Well we don't have to find out yet.
Lillian's biggest concern was that we hadn't been able to find any pictures of the playground on the Internet and she was so worried there wasn't one. She was certain that if there wasn't a playground then she would never be able to make friends. So we've dodged a bullet, there is a playground so she is certain she will have friends!
Harmony was concerned about the library. And to our great relief there is a wonderful library. We even checked to see if her favorite books were in there! Whew again!
Marcela was of course concerned about the soccer field. She loves it and is thankfully there is one. It is surrounded by buildings and volcanoes instead of jungle but I pray she loves it just as much!
Reggie and I... Well, I am not sure what to hope for. Expectations have gotten me into trouble in the past. Do you set your expectations high and pray you aren't disappointed, or do you set them low and pray they are surpassed? I just don't know.
So...
Reggie is hopeful for serving opportunities, travel opportunities, hiking opportunities, and playing opportunities.
I think I am hopeful for purpose, friends, relationships, and good Spanish!
Ready or Not Guatemala here we come..... well, not until July!






Comments