food
Food is still somewhat of an issue here for us, especially Harmony but we are making headway. I wanted to share two of the different foods we have here
This one is called Sayote. It is very common and really has almost no flavor to it. The special thing about this veggie is that you can eat it with veggies and it's yummy that way, or you can cook it up and it mimicks apple. I have made apple pie and apple cobbler with it, apple bread and apple muffins. So far it turns out delicious every way, although I do feel the need to mention that it is quite a bit firmer than and apple so you have to slice it fairly thin for pie or it doesn't get tender. The other thing is that it has a sap or a juice that is very sticky and can stay on your hands for quite some time after peeling it. It has one small seed in the center.

This is a fruit which I don't know the name for. All I know is that it stinks really badly. You peel it open and those little white blobs in the center are super mushy and wet. Inside each white thing is a seed so what you actually eat is the goop around each seed. I think it tastes vaguely like a slimy banana but none of us are super thrilled with them and I don't plan on buying them again.
I'll try to get photos of some of the other things that we have had here that you might not have seen before!
This is a fruit which I don't know the name for. All I know is that it stinks really badly. You peel it open and those little white blobs in the center are super mushy and wet. Inside each white thing is a seed so what you actually eat is the goop around each seed. I think it tastes vaguely like a slimy banana but none of us are super thrilled with them and I don't plan on buying them again.
I'll try to get photos of some of the other things that we have had here that you might not have seen before!


Comments