Bacalisag Island

So after we went to Virgin Island we came here to Bacalisag Island where there is a marine sanctuary so the snorkeling is really amazing. I (Angel) couldn't snorkel because I haven't been able to get new contacts here since my eyes are curved differently than Filipinos. So I didn't get to go but Reg did. He snorkeled with Marcela some right around the boat but her face is just too narrow and the goggles let water in. Reg had to pay this man to take him into the sanctuary to swim since it's illegal to take in a big boat with a motor. So Reg paid him a whopping 150 pesos or 3 dollars to paddle him out and back and for him to wait there while Reg snorkeled. He said the coral wasn't that great but he's never been swimming with so many fish in his life. He said he swam with some tuna that were as long as his forearm and they swam right up to him. Definitely a cool experience.
While he was off gallivanting I tried to take pictures of Marcela around the boat while Harmony slept on my lap. I actually never got off the boat so Reg says I can't say I've actually been to Bacalisag Island! There was a fairly strong current so I made Marcela hang onto the bamboo poles that run along the edge of the boat.

And last but not least, this is one of the cooler star fish that we saw. This kind is neat because it's very stiff. A lot of them bend when you pick them up but this type is very firm even when alive. You could see the suctions move on the bottom of it so I know it was alive but it was very very stiff anyway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks like a plastic star.
Panda said…
Hi, I met Mary quite contrary in the chat room on some board. She told me about this blog and, here I am. I have two kids who take English lessons on Skype few times a week from Phillipines. I am interested in your reports from there and we will be able to share the information with their teacher. Looking forward to the next update.
Panda
Jackie said…
No way is that a BLUE star!!!!!! TOO COOL! Your fam is getting THE coolest living experience by being in the Lord's will! We miss you, but know He has you right where He wants you. xoxo, J for C and J
Christina said…
Does Harmony like that starfish? She doesn't look too pleased. It looks beautiful there. Do you need contacts? Can I help in any way?

Popular Posts