What a day!


Okay so Tuesday was a humdinger of a day for me (Angel). So I lead my Bible Study in the morning and it was about the fruit of the Spirit and I struggled to display that fruit while the girls were fighting while I was finishing my preparations. So it was a little convicting to lead.
The study went okay but not great, but then it's not all about me so hopefully some of the ladies came away with some new truths, I know I sure did.
Then we came home for a little over an hour to have lunch and get ready for cooking class. In that time, Marcela and Harmony were playing that the chair at my sewing machine was a boat and that they were on the water and Harmony tipped the chair over and her arms were pinned so her forehead hit the carpet. Hence the grid of carpet burn on her forehead. It was like slow motion because I saw her going and was just a few feet away but couldn't get there in time. Her crying was short lived and it didn't swell at all.
So then I went to cooking class and we were making Chocolate Cream Pie so I took some extra eggs with me. I knew there were some in the classroom but I wasn't sure how many. Well, one broke on the way and when I took them out of the bag I realized that it stunk really badly. So I realized that it was rotten. My first experience with a rotten egg! So I washed off all the others and looked at them closely and thought they all looked fine (yea I forgot that you can put them under water and if they float they are rotten). So then I pulled down the eggs that I had up on the shelf for cooking class and realized that there were 3 eggs there that were swimming in this nasty stinky liquid slightly greenish yellow. STINK whoa baby! So I threw them all away and this brings the rotten egg total to 4 in one day. Then as the two groups were separating their eggs the girls group broke open one egg and it liquified in front of her. NASTY. She went " Oh no, this one is bad. What do I do?!?!?" (sorry the freaking out just doesn't translate into blog speak) So I took it all from her and sent her to wash her hands and she scrubbed like I had just put ebola or something on her. I finally told her to quit that she would be fine. I got them a new egg and showed everyone what a rotten egg looks and smells like. (By the way, I almost threw up the stench was so bad!) Total Rotten Eggs 5!!!!!
All in all though, the pies came out great. They will eat them on Thursday in class and they are in my frige for the mean time.
So my last big saga is that after cooking while we were in the playground at school Harmony went running and ran into a pole and got a big goose egg on her forehead. If you look at the picture again, you can see it just to the left of her waffle pattern. It's slightly green this morning. We got ice for that one but it's hard to make a 3 year old keep ice on her head while she's playing on the playground. Somehow we all managed but it really was quite the day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a day!!! Harmony please take better care of yourself. I guess that is part of being 3. ALMOST 4.

Mary/Mom/Grandma

Popular Posts