Cement

I had to include this photo and maybe it's just a personal thing but there are two things that jump out at me in this photo. One is that an outside wall should never be purple (hence the reason we painted so much of our house) and two that the pillars have fake wood grain painted on them. Actually the fake wood is done in the cement and it's made to look very full of knots. So then when they painted it they painted the knots a pale yellow to contrast starkly with the dark color of the "wood". I shouldn't be judgmental because having just had cement work finished at our house (the new window) I have a greater appreciation for the skill that it takes to do the cement here. And I guess there is no point in using wood since it will just get ruined by the weather and also by the animals and termites so if you can't use wood but would like to then this is your only choice. But I still have to laugh when I see it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
But you LOVED purple when you were 2!!!!!!

M
I wish that I could zoom that picture. I can't see all the lovely detail that you describe. I think all fences should be purple.

Popular Posts