The New Covered Court
The school here is making a new covered court. I think it's going to be bigger. We thought you might like to see some of the different techniques they use here to build things.
Here a trench is being dug by hand. They use string alone the edge to mark where to dig.
Here are the buckets they use to haul all manner of things. They are made from old tires. Seriously, nothing really goes to waste here. It can all be changed and turned into something else.
This man is mixing cement. Thankfully when they laid the floor of the covered court they ordered it so the big cement mixers came and put it in but for smaller amounts they just mix it by hand, sometimes on cement (which then leaves the cement never smooth again) or they mix it on ply-wood like you see here.
And here is a man just chilling and enjoying the breeze higher up. I don't think they really use a system to secure them up there for safety although I could be wrong.
It's really moving along fast! I'll post photos again once it's all done!
Here a trench is being dug by hand. They use string alone the edge to mark where to dig.


Comments
Can't wait to see it completed.
M
jm