Goliath

 Several years ago Reggie did a chapel on David and Goliath and he made himself a pair of stilts to make himself 9 feet tall.  He did this at another school though so he though it was high time to do it again!!
 His Bible class students acted it out.  It was really fun I think.
 So here he is in all his height glory.  He was so dangerous up there.  The teacher standing next to him is not short either.  Wow was he tall.
 The thing I love about the above picture is that Reggie has Goliath's sword in his hand.  He sorted out the math and made the sword as long as his sword would have been plus the added length that Goliath's arm would have been compared to his.  That absolutely amazing thing was that when the student playing David tried to get anywhere near him that insanely long sword stopped him in his tracks.  WOW!  It's no wonder that God had a shepherd and sling confront Goliath.  There isn't a swordsman on the planet that could have passed the length of Goliath's blade.  God is so amazing how He uses the world's perceived weaknesses to prove Himself strong!
This is an amazing teacher here who has lived in the Philippines for something like 40 years I think.  He and his wife first arrived here by boat which tells you how long ago it was.  They have so much love and such a great relationship with all the kids.  Here he is sharing his drink with Lillian.  She was guzzling it down and when I thanked him for sharing his water he said oh no that's Pepsi Max.  Can't say as though that thrilled me but he just loved her and I couldn't break it up!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love this!!

Pepsi max huh. Sounds like someone else I know who wanted opopop.

M
Anonymous said…
Loved the Goliath skit! Maybe he could do it for our AWANA kids the next time you're here. - Nancy
Anonymous said…
she's probably hooked on pepsi now!! enjoyed the posting and pictures!
jm

Popular Posts