Obo Manobo Dedication part 3

Some of the sights from the side of Mt. Apo.  This is drying coconut.  It smelled horrible.  And we aren't sure what they do with it.  I don't know why they put it out like this do dry in the sun.  I'm positive there is a reason but it escapes me.  

I'm not sure what the green thing is but the red beans in M's hand are coffee beans!

Here M is touching drying rice.  After it is harvested it has to dry, they have large concrete slabs where they dry the rice.  Makes me think they must be able to read the sky well and know when the rains come.  (And come they always do!)

Comments

Pat said…
I think maybe that green "thing" might be the pod in which the coffee beans grow...we saw this in Costa Rica.
Pat said…
I think maybe that green "thing" might be the pod in which the coffee beans grow...we saw this in Costa Rica.
Pat said…
I think maybe that green "thing" might be the pod in which the coffee beans grow...we saw this in Costa Rica.
Pat said…
Oops...!

Popular Posts