cake decorating

I teach cooking class and we had just finished a unit on making fast and easy foods.  So we made a box cake mix.  
We made two of them.  One we made for a teacher who is leaving us but had graciously stayed on until the new teacher could arrive.  So I decorated hers to say thank you. 
The second cake we split between two small square pans.  One of them I served for lunch to a friend and as she was eating she pulled a large white thing out of her mouth.  Yes we decided it was a fairly large chunk of egg shell.  She had several more pieces stuck in her teeth.  GROSS!!  That's why I decorated this one up like this.  The kids ate it in class but I guess the only egg shell that was in it was in her piece.  SAD!!!

The girls were practicing their decorating techniques.  Harms and I were both working on making roses on the ends of chopsticks.  It works pretty well!

Lil's rose is a bit on the small side.

This was their practice board!  They were sad when I washed it.  


Comments

Popular Posts