School has begun!!!!!
These are Reggie's 4 students. He took this picture right outside his classroom in this little hut. It's going to be a good year but it will take some time to get the hang of second grade and to get to know these kids and some of their needs. Two are from Columbia and the other 2 are Korean. There will be two more kids joining the class when they arrive sometime in September.
Cooking class began with a bang for me! I left home with a partially prepared quiche and prompty dropped it on the way to school!! Great way to begin, then I was showing a kid how to use a grater and I grated off some skin on my thumb so I was bleeding all during class. Then to top it all off the quiche wasn't even done during class so they all didn't get to try it! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to prepare a little differently this next Tuesday. I have 9 students. 1-Panamanian, 1-UK, 1-Germany, 1-US, and 5 Korean. And none know anything about a kitchen. Once I get the hang of it, it should be fun!


Comments
So sorry to hear about your first day of cooking class. I think that would have been hard, but it sounds like you dealt with the situation well :).