
We went to MerGrande Beach Resort for the staff retreat this past weekend. It was fairly nice although it was pretty basic except that there was airconditioning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this is one morning we went out to the ocean and took pictures of Mt.Apo (an extinct volcano)It was always cloudy later on in the day. It is gorgeous though. Interestingly enough they had signs out that said BIG WAVES NO SWIMMING!!! As you can see from the photos that there weren't big waves at all. But maybe it was their way of saying that there was no lifeguard. I'm not sure. But we did enjoy the waves.

This was breakfast one morning. I don't know if you can see it well but we had rice (ALWAYS!!!) and then a beef dish that I would consider an evening meal food, then they had a seafood eggs that Marcela didn't like and then watermelon. I don't have a picture of Harmony at breakfast because she didn't ever eat any of the food. This particular morning, Harmony ate 7 pieces of watermelon and the next morning she ate 3 slices of white toast with nothing on them. She literally didn't eat very much. But she is really doing better! Especially when we are at home.

These girls have so much fun together and I am thankful that they are so close in age. The girls were laughing at some kids playing out in the ocean.
School begins tomorrow and Reggie is off doing his last teacher in-service day before the year officially begins. He is very excited about his 2nd graders. He will have 4 students for the first few weeks until the other 2 come later. His class is one of the smaller ones. I will start the cooking class this coming Thursday!
More photos of the house to come when they finish (YES they aren't done yet!) someone told us and we have to remember that relationships are more important than the project and that we are giving these 2 men stable income for a few days and we can't begrudge them that, but I can say that I will be thrilled when our house doesn't smell like paint anymore and when we can put our stuff away!!!
Comments