Decorating for Christmas

Happy Christmas Eve!! This is us decorating for Christmas and no we didn't just do it today. Actually these are scheduled posts so I wrote this awhile ago.

I wrote about this on facebook but I don't think I blogged about it. We got out our Christmas decorations to decorated and the tree was great so we put it up.



The girls were excited to put up the Christmas balls and the star and the lights and the garland etc. . . But we realized that we had thrown a bunch of that out because a mouse had died in it during the year. We just forgot we'd done that. Reg tried the lights and hundreds of ants poured out of the little switch thing. He thinks they might be termites. The little stable for our kids nativity set also had an ant colony living in it. So sadly, the tree went up but no lights, or bulbs or garland or stable. We had to go shopping or poison the stuff to get the ants to stay out. It's tougher than it seems.

ps. Next year we are going to store the stuff inside the house!

Comments

Popular Posts