Egg Noodles

I made egg noodles the other day!  The turned out really great, I was quite pleased.  The tricky part is getting them dry.  I knew they probably wouldn't get completely dry here since it's just too humid but I needed them somewhat dry so that I could put them in the freezer without the sticking to one another.  But that's only part of the problem, the other problem is getting them dry ANT FREE!  So here's the solution.  I'm sure we've mentioned it before but I felt like sharing it again.  I put the wire racks on top of a glass or a bowl and put that on a cookie sheet that had water in it.  The ants can't swim although they do float!  Problem solved.

Actually this reminds me of Panama because when we were reading the book The Path Between the Seas by David McCollough (great book by the way) it talked about how the French would keep ants away from patients in the hospitals by placing the bed legs in bowls of water to keep them from biting the patients and how around the trees around the hospitals they would place rings of water to keep the cutter ants from eating all the leaves and killing the trees.  But since they didn't know that Yellow Fever, Dengue and Malaria are carried by mosquitoes they essentially make the hospital into a breeding ground for the very illness the people had when they went in.  And people even said that going to the hospital was like a death sentence!  It's no wonder that so many people died!  Just some random thoughts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the pictures. Oh the things we take for granted.

M

Popular Posts