Moldy washing machine

Yes you read that title right, our washing machine molded shortly after we arrived.  Well actually the motherboard molded and we couldn't even give the machine away.  So for almost a month it seems, I did laundry by hand.  AWESOME!!

As I was washing Lillian's one day, I discovered some awesome little insect eggs on the inside of her dress.  I googled what insect might have laid them but it seems that many insects lay clear eggs and I didn't wait and watch the unhatched ones hatch.

So this is the process for me.  3 containers, one for soap, one for the first rinse and another for the final rinse.  One other important key is to remember to get the wash done early enough in the day before they have shut the water off.  Another factor is that when the humidity is so high it's best to get those clothes on the line early so they have as much time to dry as possible.  It's hard to get all the water out so they take longer to dry.


My lesson in this was to be thankful for a functioning washer, for water, for a strong back to be able to bend over for a long time, and for the sun to dry these silly clothes.  But I'm also thankful for the little (and big) people who wear these clothes!  I really love them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
O my! The things we take for granted...

Love, Dad

Popular Posts