Friends and new paint


Marcela still loves frogs so I had to include a photo of her holding a frog in a death grip. She is hugging her new friend Maggie who is 1 year older than her. Maggie lives just up the street and plays over here a lot. I have to include a funny story about the frogs from today. One of the men who is painting for us got scared today when a blue grocery bag started hopping around outside! Marcela had put this frog inside it and tied it up so the frog couldn't get away.

This is Harmony wiping her face off with a Filipino rag. It is made up of little strips of fabric all sewn together. There is no waste. Mom I thought you were bad hoarding fabric!! They give a new meaning to the concept of saving everything.

This is the front of the house with a new coat of paint to cover the purple. We discovered that here you don't have paint mixed in the normal way. You have to take something in that is the color that you want and they will take a can of white paint and mix and mix and dump and dump until it comes out the color that you want. (so you'd better order all that you want at one time so that you get it all at one time or it definitely won't be the same!) So we opted for ready made color and our options are quite a bit limited. And we discovered that they don't use a paint roller because labor is cheap and it wastes paint so they are using brushes. We hope that it all turns out okay! We like the brown much better than we liked the purple although we admit that the brown is a little bit dark. Oh well!

Comments

Sharon said…
I think the brown looks fabulous. Much better than the purple. Are you using the same color inside?
Jackie said…
Oh, I love it! It looks so classy!Wise choice :)
Jackie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Hello Reggie & Angel! I just wanted you to know I enjoy keeping up with your family and ministry with this blog. God Bless!

~Jess-ca (Elsberry)
Midwest Mama said…
Oooh, I love it to!! I think you made the perfect choice!! Love checking in on you guys!!
Anonymous said…
Be careful Angel. I believe it was Sally who said "Mirror mirror on the wall I'm my mother after all." I love the paint. I can't wait to see the inside.
Anonymous said…
As a trim color the brown looks very nice. Anything is really better than what you had before.

Popular Posts