Ministry and Beach Day


Our group joined 2 other Manila groups headed out in jeeps to an Ayta , spelling not correct, school. The first and maybe most difficult thing was getting there and just waiting to start the program. It was neat to see that one of my students did especially well getting in and "talking" with the kids, only 2 of the Ayta kids could speak English.

Later we did a skit then we played Red light Green light. It was fun for a little while but it was so hot most of the kids wanted to just sit in the shade but I was proud of my group they did a great job. After the program and games were all over we helped move desks back into the classrooms. Here is a picture of one, I had taken one desk in there. When I first got there, there were probably 20 students just sitting and waiting. So being the "good teacher" that I am I started teaching. I said "Good Morning." All 20 in unison said, "Good morning Mr. Teacher, and a few other things I couldn't understand. I would point to things on the board and in unison the whole class would repeat it back. I felt that would be a very boring classroom setting to be a student or a teacher in.












To end the day we had fun at the beach. With a short marine biology lesson and fun in the sun and ocean. With the sun setting we had a sand sculpture contest, didn't win, and a fire and s'mores, then resting for a "good" night's sleep on the beach.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update. I love the pictures.

Mary/Mom/Grandma

Popular Posts