Traveling woes

On our trip from the US back here to the Philippines, we lost something very very important.  I'm sad to say that we have no idea where H's fancy blanket went.  This actually makes me so sad for several reasons.  the first is just that she loved it.  But when she was little she'd bring it to me and tell me that I could borrow it if I was feeling sick.  Since it always made her feel better she wanted me to feel better too.  And she used to wad it up and gently rub my cheek with it and say, see mom, isn't it so soft!?  So do I miss the actual blanket, no not really, but i miss the sweet memories that I have that are connected with it.  

Such is life though, we think it got left on the plan in Manila after we arrived from Dubai.  There's no way to find it... so she asked G'ma Joyce to make her a new one (since she made the first one).  So she anxiously awaited that expensive little box that held gum and a new fancy blankie in it.  Thanks G'ma she loves it!!


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE your new blanket H. It is beautiful and just as fancy!!!!!
Ryan M said…
Sad. We had the same thing happen with Alethea's blanket. It was a treasure and she still talks about missing it every so often - even several years later.

Popular Posts